Wound care center in Sebring, Florida
The Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center team at Highlands Regional Medical Center is dedicated to treating non-healing wounds. The latest practices and technologies are used to help you heal as quickly as possible and ensure the most complete treatment for your specific needs.
To learn more about our wound care center, call Highlands Regional Medical Center at (863) 385-6101.
The Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center at Highlands Regional includes skilled physicians who use the latest treatments and technology available to heal acute and chronic wounds.
Types of wounds we treat
Our wound care team is able to diagnose and treat the following:
- Air and gas embolisms
- Bone infections
- Crush injures and other traumatic injuries that compromise blood supply to tissues
- Diabetic foot and leg wounds
- Recurring wounds
- Skin grafts
- Surgical wounds
- Ulcers, including ischemic, pressure and venous stasis (slow blood flow in veins, usually in the legs)
- Wounds associated with radiation therapy
- Other conditions causing wounds, such as bites and infections
Wound specialists thoroughly evaluate your wound and current health to determine the best course of treatment. We will do our best to ensure you are set up for successful wound healing, including offering you education to:
- Prevent wounds from occurring
- Care for your wound
- Recognize early warning signs of complications
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy improves the healing of wounds, particularly those that are difficult-to-heal or affected by narcotizing (highly lethal) soft tissue infections.
- During treatment, you lie in a special, pressurized hyperbaric chamber of pure oxygen and breathe normally, increasing the amount of oxygen in your blood.
- In experimental and clinical studies of chronic wound management, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is effective in accelerating wound healing and closure.
- Your doctor can determine if this therapy is the most effective treatment for you.