Comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation services in Sebring, Florida
Recovery from an illness involves both the mind and body. The staff, at our rehab center, is dedicated to helping patients rebuild and rehabilitate—physically and mentally.
For more information about Highlands Regional's physical therapy and rehabilitation services, call (863) 385-6101.
Physical rehabilitation specialties at Highlands Regional
Highlands Regional offers state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation services in Sebring, Florida, including:
- Acute care (24/7 inpatient physical therapy)
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation (comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation as a part of our overall orthopedic care program)
- Physical therapy
- Specialized programs
- Speech therapy
- Outpatient services
Occupational therapy helps patients perform daily life activities while recovering from physical or mental illness.
Our dedicated occupational therapy staff provide:
- Individual assessments of the patient's goals through collaborative engagements with the patient, family and therapist
- Customized plans to help patients improve and reach their goals
- Evaluation to determine goal progression and any adjustments that need to be made
The journey to recovery is different for every condition and every patient. The physical and rehabilitation specialists at Highlands Regional are focused on providing customized care to meet each patient's recovery goals, expectations and abilities.
We help patients regain mobility, strength and endurance through:
- Education about the condition or injury, the healing process and ways to prevent injuries in the future.
- Therapies, such as ice, heat, ultrasound or massage and hands-on strength exercises as well as instructions on techniques to do at home.
- Support throughout the recovery process.
Highlands Regional recognizes recovery and management of certain chronic and serious conditions require unique support.
Our dedicated medical team offers specialized programs for conditions including:
- Arthritis: therapies include stretching, exercise and pain management, to help maintain and improve range of motion
- Cancer: recovery strategies focus on helping patients regain strength and endurance
- Heart and vascular conditions: rehabilitation strategies include exercise, diet and education, to help patients regain their overall health
- Joint replacement: physical rehabilitation focuses on helping patients regain mobility and return to daily activities
- Neurological and stroke conditions: customized therapies are designed to meet the cognitive, physical and emotional needs of each patient; therapists assist with everything from helping patients relearn skills to offering compensatory strategies to provide patients with as much independence as possible
- Pulmonary conditions: rehabilitation strategies focus on reducing shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms, as well as building strength and endurance
Our expert speech pathologists:
- Develop a customized plan of care and recommendations based on the patient's condition and aspiration (inhaling liquid) risk, which may include alternative nutrition, diet modifications, swallow techniques or communication devices
- Provide patient/caregiver education related to impairment, disease process and compensatory techniques
- Provide skilled recommendations and/or a home exercise program related to the patient's strengths and weaknesses to help patients reach their goals
The rehabilitation specialists at Highlands Regional provide a full range of outpatient services to help patients regain independence and achieve recovery goals.
A doctor's referral is required to access outpatient services at Highlands Regional. Call (863) 471-6336 for more information.