Comprehensive joint care in Sebring, Florida
Highlands Regional Medical Center's joint replacement program offers the latest minimally invasive surgery options using advanced medical technology. Our experienced team of orthopedic doctors, surgeons, pain management specialists and physical therapists treat chronic joint pain caused by arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases and injuries.
For more information about our joint care services, call Highlands Regional Medical Center at (863) 385-6101.
Am I a candidate for joint replacement?
The goal of joint replacement surgery is to help relieve pain and restore function and movement to the affected area. Highlands Regional provides state-of-the art surgical procedures to ensure this goal becomes a reality. The first step is to determine if you are a candidate for joint replacement surgery.
You may be a candidate for joint replacement surgery if:
- You have moderate to severe arthritis in your joint, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or post-traumatic arthritis
- Pain in your joint is present even when resting, or interferes with sleep
- You have stiffness or reduced range of motion during normal activities
- Non-surgical treatments, anti-inflammatory drugs, steroid injections or physical therapy have failed to provide relief
Joint replacement surgeries we offer
Whether total or partial joint replacement is right for you, you can be confident that our expert orthopedic team will provide excellent care.
- Total hip replacement: removes the damaged bones and cartilage and replaces them with prosthetic implants
- Partial hip replacement: removes and replaces the ball (femoral head) of the hip joint without replacing the socket
- Hip resurfacing: used as an alternative to hip replacement, removes part of the damaged bone and the hip bone socket, replacing it with a metal shell
- Total knee replacement: using robotic surgery techniques, resurfaces the knee by capping the ends of the bones that form the knee joint and the kneecap
- Partial knee replacement: used as an alternative to total knee replacement, uses robotic surgery techniques to replace only the the damaged knee cartilage with a prosthesis
- Shoulder replacement: replaces the bone in the shoulder ball and socket with a metal or plastic prosthetic implant
- Elbow replacement: replaces elbow with an artificial joint
If you’ve chosen to move forward with joint replacement surgery, don’t forget about the importance of the recovery that follows. The physical therapy and rehab program at Highlands Regional is designed to help you regain mobility and get you back to living your life.