Breast center in Sebring, Florida
Breast cancer is one of the most prevalent cancers among women. To help promote awareness about breast cancer, risks and treatments, Highlands Regional Medical Center provides services to educate women on breast health, self-exams and routine screenings. Our state-of-the-art imaging modalities can detect breast cancer at the earliest stages, when treatment can be most effective.
To learn more about our breast imaging services, call Highlands Regional Medical Center at (863) 385-6101.
The combination of a highly trained, caring staff, breast specialists and the latest diagnostic imaging techniques for bone density and breast health screenings allows Highlands Regional to deliver high quality care.
Additionally, staff at Highlands Regional works with each patient in a spa-like setting, offering patients a comfortable, private experience.
Mammography is an X-ray exam of the breasts used to screen for or diagnose breast cancer. Highlands Regional offers:
- State-of-the-art digital imaging technology
- Computer-aided detection (CAD) system to enhance your mammogram, identify areas of potential concern and determine if there is a need for additional imaging tests or a biopsy
- For greater comfort, we use U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved soft foam pads that help ease discomfort during compression, while also improving accuracy, exposing you to less radiation and reducing the need for repeat exams
Breast ultrasound (sonography)
A breast ultrasound:
- Is frequently used to further evaluate abnormalities found during a mammogram
- Allows doctors to view the area closest to the chest wall, which can be challenging to see using mammography
- Helps doctors determine whether a breast lump is filled with fluid (a cyst) or is a solid mass
When a lump or abnormal area is detected during screening, a biopsy can determine whether cells are cancerous.
- Advanced imaging technology, such as mammography or ultrasound, can be combined with minimally invasive techniques to obtain tissue samples
- Stereotactic breast biopsy is performed using digital technology, making it quicker and more accurate than standard film X-rays
Breast cancer treatment
If further treatment is required, you can be confident that Highlands Regional is leading the way in advanced surgical technology.
Surgically removing as much cancerous tissue as possible is often the primary treatment for breast cancer. Surgeons at Highlands Regional collaborate with a dedicated cancer care team to plan the best course of treatment for you. Surgeons are well-equipped to perform a range of surgical procedures, including:
- Partial mastectomy
- Total mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction
Breast cancer support
Compassionate and comprehensive support is key throughout your cancer journey. We offer a variety of cancer support services to meet your unique needs, including:
- Care management assistance
- Support groups
- Special services just for women
Bone density test
Highlands Regional performs bone density tests to evaluate the mass of your bones, diagnose osteoporosis and reduce the chances of you breaking a bone.