Millions of people have lost their jobs and their health insurance coverage as a result of the economic impact of COVID-19. In many cases, this causes people to feel hesitant about going to the hospital when experiencing symptoms of medical emergencies, such as strokes or heart attacks. As always, we are here to ensure you receive the care you need today, for a healthier tomorrow no matter your financial situation.
Our family of hospitals is uniquely positioned to help—so that’s exactly what we’re doing. We have opened a hotline for anyone whose insurance coverage has been impacted by a life-changing event, such as job loss or reduced income. Our advisors are ready to assist. These are experts who can help explain health insurance coverage options.
To get help understanding your options for health insurance coverage, call our advisors at
Hours of Operation M-F 8am - 6pm EST
Experts who can help explain health insurance coverage options
Anyone can call our hotline and receive free, confidential and personalized guidance. Our advisors will provide helpful information based on your unique situation and explain coverage choices available through COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act), spousal benefits, as well as federal, state and local programs, so you can confidently manage your health needs.
Frequently asked questions we can help answer
Our advisors can answer many of your questions related to health insurance coverage. This includes understanding COBRA, the Health Insurance Exchange, and Medicaid. Some of the questions we typically receive include:
- What do I do about health insurance after losing my job (e.g., after being laid off or furloughed)?
- How much does each insurance type cost?
- What other options are there for me to consider beyond continuation of my job-based health plan after losing my job?
- Can I get insurance outside of open enrollment periods?
- What does each type of coverage type entail (requirements, eligibility, application process, etc.)?
- How long can I stay on each insurance type (how long does coverage last)?
- Can I apply or qualify for financial assistance for insurance premiums (e.g., subsidizing or offsetting costs of new plans)?
Services our advisors provide
Our advisors provide the following services:
- Evaluate your eligibility for:
- Continuation coverage (COBRA)
- Spousal coverage
- Healthcare Marketplace/Exchange plans
- Resources that may offset the costs of health insurance
- Help you understand how, when and where to apply
- Complete and submit many eligibility applications on your behalf (if desired)
- Follow up with the county or state to complete the eligibility process (if needed)